- Assessment Advantage Program
- Math Assessments & Tutoring
- Camp Read-A-Lot
- Homework Lab
- Summer Tutoring
Reading NOW - Erie
3910 Caughey Road
Erie, PA 16506
(814) 833-ABCD (2223)
Summer Tutoring - 2013
Research has shown that children tend to lose three months of learning over summer break! Just because summer vacation is right around the corner doesn't mean your child should stop learning. We offer 2 hours of Reading or Math tutoring weekly throughout the summer. Each session is customizable to your child's needs.
Tutoring is available
Spaces are filling quickly so call now!
Tips on how to prevent your child from falling behind this summer
- Read to your child daily for at least 10 minutes and ask them questions about the story you are reading: What do you think happens next? What would you do if you were the character in the story?
- Find books based on your child's interest
- Visit your local Library together
- When getting books at the Library, get books one level ahead of your child's current reading level to challenge them
- Visit local Museums and have your child read the descriptions to you
- Encourage your child to create lists: Grocery lists, things they have done throughout the summer or want to do during summer vacation, books they have read
- Encourage your child to keep a journal throughout the summer and have them do at least one short entry a day
For more information on helping your child retain what he/she has learning this year, visit this link to learn more! www.readingrockets.org/article/23428/